2017 Information & Highlights
- Event is set for April 8 & 9, 2017.
- All New Course Design – Flatter, Faster, Two States, Two Bridges.
- Finisher medals are awarded to all weekend event participants.
- Premium 1/4-zip technical shirt for all marathon, half marathon, 7K, and marathon relay participants, t-shirts for all other participants.
- Water and Gatorade available at 17 aid stations along the marathon course, as well as at the start and finish.
- Boston Marathon qualifier.
- USATF certified courses.
- Michelob ULTRA After Party featuring a local band.
- St. Louis-themed race food: Ted Drewes Frozen Custard, Pasta House Toasted Ravioli and Crown Candy Chocolate.
- Corral Start, including waves to ease congestion.
- Marathon course completion time extended to 6.5 hours.
Half-Marathon: 14 years of age or older on race day
Marathon Relay: 14 years of age or older on race day
Wheelchair Marathon: must wear helmets at all times, hand crank chairs are not eligible for entry
Mississippi 7K: 14 years of age or older on race day
5K: 8 years of age or older on race day
Participant Race Cap
Course will be certified by USATF and for Boston Marathon qualification. The start/finish line is located at the historic St. Louis Riverfront in Downtown St. Louis. USATF insurance restrictions prohibit strollers/baby joggers, rollerblades/inline skates, and pets on the course. The use of an iPods, mp3 players, mobile devices, CD players or other audio/video device is strongly discouraged by race organizers because of safety reasons.
• View 2017 Course Map HERE (course subject to change).
• Download 2017 Course Map HERE (course subject to change).
• Download 2017 Half Marathon Elevation Map HERE
• Download 2017 Marathon Elevation Map HERE
• Check out St. Louis Originals Course Videos HERE
• Check out Highlight Video HERE
• Download 2017 Marathon Road Closures HERE
3.1 mile certified course running through beautiful Forest Park. Participants will be timed up to 1 hour.
• Download 2017 Course Map HERE
Wheelchair Marathon & Half Marathon
Participants must wear helmets at all times and stay to the right side of the road. Wheelchair participants are permitted in the Marathon and Half Marathon only. Hand crank chairs are not eligible for entry. If you have additional questions regarding wheelchair participation, please email us at email@example.com
All 5K, Children’s Fun Run and Mature Mile participants will receive a T-shirt, finisher’s medal, 1 fluid station, post-race food, beverages & festivities.
GO! St. Louis VIP Race Area – Presented by KPMG
Participants have two exciting options to enhance their race day experience this year. These special opportunities come in the form of two VIP package options.
VIP – The Convenience Package $45
The VIP Convenience package comes with everything you need to make race morning even more smooth including:
- Express packet pick-up – Don’t worry about fighting the lines at the expo to get your race packet. We will have it ready and waiting for you at a special VIP pick up area just inside the Chaifetz Arena.
- Special race day parking near start line – You have enough to worry about on race morning. Take parking off your worry list. VIP parking will be located near the start line.
- Exclusive VIP porta-potties – No more waiting in line to use the bathroom on race morning. We will have a special VIP only bank of porta-potties.
VIP- The Luxury Package $85
The Luxury package comes with everything from the convenience package plus even more perks.
- Pre and post race gathering area – Stay out of the weather before and after the race.
- Breakfast buffet – A little bit of extra pre and post race fuel.
- Post race massages – No waiting in line to get your sore muscles some attention.
- Exclusive bathrooms – We will have a special VIP only bank of porta-potties in the pre and post race gathering area.
- Exclusive VIP race apparel
To order the VIP Package, simply select the option during the initial registration process or add the package at a later date online. Reserve your spot here.
A special thanks to our sponsor, KPMG for making the VIP area possible.
Event Alert System
All participants should familiarize themselves with the Event Alert System prior to the race, remain alert for directions from race officials and announcers and take precautions to prepare properly for varying weather conditions on race day.
|Alert Level||Event Conditions||Recommended Actions|
|EXTREME/BLACK||EVENT CANCELLED/EXTREME AND DANGEROUS CONDITIONS||PARTICIPATION STOPPED / FOLLOW EVENT OFFICIAL INSTRUCTION|
|HIGH/RED||POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS CONDITIONS||SLOW DOWN / OBSERVE COURSE CHANGES / FOLLOW EVENT OFFICIAL INSTRUCTION / CONSIDER STOPPING|
|MODERATE/YELLOW||LESS THAN IDEAL CONDITIONS||SLOW DOWN / BE PREPARED FOR WORSENING CONDITIONS|
|LOW/GREEN||GOOD CONDITIONS||ENJOY THE EVENT / BE ALERT|
Aid Stations/Mile Markers
We utilize the Chrono Track “B tag” system for race timing for the Marathon, Half Marathon, 7K, Marathon Relay and 5K. The “B-tag” will be affixed to the back of your race bib when you pick it up from the Expo. Do not peel off your “B-tag”. No additional steps are needed prior to the start of your specific race. A few very important things to keep in mind to ensure an accurate finish time – Make sure the race bib is affixed to the front of your body and is placed on the layer of apparel that will be worn throughout the race (Do not put it on a shirt or jacket, then take off the shirt mid-race and carry the bib with you), Do not fold or wrinkle your bib prior to attaching it, and make sure it is not covered by a race belt, water bottle, etc.
There will be two waves on race morning to space runners out so all can fall into their own running rhythm. The first wave will be at 7:00am. Each successive wave will be separated by one minute. Participants may move back in a corral/wave (i.e. from B to C), but may not move up in a corral/wave (i.e. from C to B). When the start of the race is announced, Corral A will be released. Corrals B, C, and D will remain at the start. At one minute intervals the next corral will be released. Individual times will not activate until a participants timing tag crosses the timing mats
Time Limit Rules
Any Marathon or Marathon Relay participant who falls behind the pace (behind the 6:30 pace group) prior to the Half Marathon turn to the finish at Chouteau and Jefferson, will be required to finish with the Half Marathon. Any marathoner, who turns at the half marathon split and completes the half marathon, will receive finish line amenities (food, water, medical assistance if needed). After the half marathon turn to the finish, course support (police, course monitors, and water stations) will not be available to marathoners or marathon relay teams who fall behind the 14:52 minute per mile pace. Anyone who falls behind the pace must get in the sag wagon and will be transported to the finish line, or move to the sidewalk and obey all traffic signals. Marathoners who only complete the Half Marathon will not be eligible for overall or age group awards. For a more detailed list of rules and regulations, please call 314-727-0800.
2017 Prize Money
- 1st Place – $1500 for Male and Female Winners
- 2nd Place – $1,000
- 3rd Place – $300.
Marathon and Half Marathon Age Group Awards:
Official clock will determine overall winners, five deep, male and female, in these age categories: 19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80+. Marathon Relay Awards: 3 deep in male, female, coed in the following categories: corporate, family/friends.
To reserve a room or get additional hotel info, visit druryhotels.com.
Schedule of Events
Health & Fitness Expo – Packet Pickup
10:00 am-6:00 pm – Chaifetz Arena
Saturday, April 8, 2017
Health & Fitness Expo – Packet Pickup
10:00 am-6:00 pm – Chaifetz Arena
Family Fitness Events in Forest Park (Cricket & Lindell Fields)
• Children’s Fun Runs: 7:30 am
• 5K Run/Walk – presented by Mcbride & Son Homes: 8:00 am
• GO! St. Louis Read, Right and Run Marathon® presented by Express-Scripts: 9:30 am
• Mature Mile – 11:30 am
Sunday, April 9, 2017
• Endurance Events at the St. Louis Riverfront
• Marathon – presented by Mercy: 7:00 am
• Half Marathon – presented by PNC Bank: 7:00 am
• Marathon Relay (4 person) – presented by Lockton Companies: 7:00 am
• Mississippi 7K : 7:00 am
Please note that events will start promptly at the designated time, so plan to arrive early. Individuals will not be allowed to participate in a race, if the race has officially started. Participants should be in their assigned starting corral no later than 6:40 am or risk starting at the back of the start line.