- Recycle thousands of plastic water bottles
- Recycle thousands of pounds of cardboard
- Recycle hundreds of unused finisher medals
- Registration process is online only, eliminating thousands of paper applications
- 15,000 participant goody bags are ‘virtual’ goody bags sent via email to participants
- Donate discarded runner clothes along the course to local charities
- Donate remaining finish line food to local charities
- Use earth-friendly chemicals in event restroom facilities
- Promote the use of public transportation and carpooling to and from events
- Year-round office recycling of paper, aluminum, cardboard and plastic products
- Collected more than 20,000 pairs of shoes, which were re-used or recycled (2010)
- Utilize emission free energy certificates to offset energy used at two-day Health & Fitness Expo (2009)
Zero Waste Challenge
Help Us by Recycling at the 2016 Marathon Weekend Event
GO! St. Louis has joined Waste Management in an effort to reduce waste during this year’s Marathon Weekend. We encourage all participants to help in the effort by disposing of trash in the green recycling bins located throughout the event site. With more than 50,000 participants and spectators expected, a large amount of waste will be generated. Thanks for helping to make this event green-friendly!
As we move forward we will continue to look for new ways to decrease the stress on our environment.