The GO! St. Louis Marathon & Family Fitness Weekend, held in April each year, continues to be our signature event, attracting over 25,000 local, national and international participants. The GO! St. Louis Family Marathon & Fitness Weekend features 10 different races for all ages and fitness abilities. The event is Missouri’s largest competitive fitness event and includes a marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, 5K run/walk, children’s fun runs and a mature mile. The Marathon & Family Fitness Weekend has become a national model for other running organizations and communities, looking to inspire residents to make community wellness a priority.
The organization also presents the festive The Great GO! St. Louis Halloween Race in October, the family-friendly All-American 5K on Father’s Day and the GO! Missouri KT82 Trail Relay in August.
Key Facts about the organization:
- Organization was formed in 2000.
- Created the nation’s only Read, Right & Run Marathon in 2001.
- Introduced Half Marathon race in 2003.
- Organized and hosted the 2003 Women’s Marathon National Championship
- Organized and hosted the 2004 US Olympic Trials – Women’s Marathon
- Introduced “Mature Mile”: 2005
- Introduced “Battle of the Badges Marathon Relay”: 2006
- Expanded mission and changed name from Spirit of St. Louis Marathon & Family Fitness Weekend to GO! St. Louis, September 2007.
- Introduced Students on the GO! program in 2008
- Organized the 2009 All-Star Game Charity 5K Run, as part of the Major League Baseball All-Star Game festivities.
- Introduced GO! St. Louis Halloween 10K & Fun Run in 2009.
- Organized the Cardinals Care “Run Home for Kids” Charity Run in 2010-present
- Introduced the GO! St. Louis All-American 5K in 2012
- Introduced Middle School Milers Program in 2013
- Introduced the GO! Missouri KT82 Trail Race in 2013