GO! St. Louis, a local non-profit organization, encourages individuals and families in the St. Louis region to adopt a healthy and active lifestyle year round. The organization accomplishes this through community collaborations, school based programming and the creation of new and fun fitness events.
The GO! St. Louis Marathon & Family Fitness Weekend, held in April each year, continues to be our signature event, attracting over 25,000 participants from 48 states and 10 countries in 2013. The GO! St. Louis Family Fitness Weekend features 10 different races for all ages and fitness abilities. The event is Missouri’s largest competitive fitness event and includes a marathon, half marathon, marathon relay, 5K run/walk, children’s fun runs and a mature mile. The Family Fitness Weekend has become a national model for other running organizations and communities, looking to inspire residents to make community wellness a priority.
The organization also presents the festive The Great GO! St. Louis Halloween Race in October and the family-friendly All-American 5K on Father’s Day.
Key Facts about the organization:
- Organization was formed in 2000.
- Created the nation’s only Read, Right & Run Marathon in 2001.
- Introduced Half Marathon race in 2003.
- Organized and hosted the 2003 Women’s Marathon National Championship
- Organized and hosted the 2004 US Olympic Trials – Women’s Marathon
- Introduced “Mature Mile”: 2005
- Introduced “Battle of the Badges Marathon Relay”: 2006
- Expanded mission and changed name from Spirit of St. Louis Marathon & Family Fitness Weekend to GO! St. Louis, September 2007.
- Introduced GO! St. Louis Mile-by-Mile Marathon in 2007.
- Introduced Students on the GO! program in 2008
- Organized the 2009 All-Star Game Charity 5K Run, as part of the Major League Baseball All-Star Game festivities.
- Introduced GO! St. Louis Halloween 10K & Fun Run in 2009.
- Organized the Cardinals Care “Run Home for Kids” Charity Run in 2010-present
- Introduced the GO! St. Louis All-American 5K in 2012